Friends of Oakwood (FOO) & Class Representatives
The Friends of Oakwood (FOO) and our Class Representatives are parents who wish to be actively involved with the school and assist with organising various fun activities for the children and parents throughout the year as well as supporting fundraising initiatives for both school projects and selected school charities.
FOO Business Directory
As a community we like to support our families’ businesses including the development of our Oakwood Business Directory. The Directory lists Oakwood parent businesses and can be found via this link: click here
We are always happy to add to this directory. The cost to advertise is £25 per year with funds going directly to FOO
FOO fundraising has been vital to many wonderful events and projects in recent years including:
- development of the Cobden Conservatory (our Dining Room extension)
- creation of a Food Technology Room
- IT resources including laptops, ipads and robotics
- support for theatre visits
- resources for the new school Arundel Library
- new playground equipment
- purchase of new musical instruments
- construction of an outdoor classroom
- development of the Pre-Prep Brew House garden
- provison of new outdoor learning resources
In line with the strategic plan for the school, future fundraising will support projects including: an all weather sports facility, an extended and improved Performing Arts Centre and further enrichment activities for the pupils.
The goals of FOO are to:
- foster strong relationships between the parents, staff, pupils and all those who come into contact with the School
- promote and support the School
- enhance the facilities and resources of the school through fundraising activities for the benefit of the children
- organise varied events that can be enjoyed by pupils, parents, extended family and staff
The school, host one meeting per term with FOO and class reps, to discuss possible school improvements and developments. The Senior Leadership Team welcome this opportunity to have an open and candid conversation with our parents. The dates for these meetings can be found in the school calendar. Parents are very welcome to ask their class reps to add items to the agenda for discussion. Minutes of previous meetings can be found in the Parents' Zone area of this website.
Our weekly Friday Assembly, to which all parents are warmly invited to attend, offers the opportunity for parents to gather afterwards for tea and coffee in our Heritage Room. Recognising our parents have many commitments outside of school, this offers a valuable small opportunity to build community.