Oakwood School offers the very best educational journey, combining academic excellence with support and encouragement. The celebration of each child as a happy, confident and independent individual is central to our ethos and our strong community and family values underpin this.
Oakwood School creates a family environment and develops happy, confident children by providing an all-round education of the highest quality, to enable children to have the best start in life and be able to achieve their potential.
Aims and Core Values
We aim to inspire a lifelong love of learning through a broad creative curriculum that challenges and engages and by making the most of the outstanding outdoor environment, we extend the boundaries of learning. Specialist teaching that begins in Nursery brings education alive and helps to prepare our pupils for the next stage of their education.
- The Oakwood Family is Actively involved in every area of school life; Academic, cultural, sporting and social
- We are Creative and Confident, and Contribute to the local Community
- We encourage Original thought, spurring us Onwards
- We are Ready to face challenges and take Risks
- We Nurture self-esteem by positive relationships with each other, creating well-rounded, independent individuals
- Our Oakwood Family promotes a Safe and Supportive environment to enable every child to flourish
The acorn symbolises the seeds from which great things grow and Oakwood School proudly provides this route to success and strong foundations for future growth.